Recent Posts

Saturday 7 February 2015

First Reading for Today's NO Mass

Hebrews 13:15-17New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition 

15 Through him, then, let us continually offer a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that confess his name. 16 Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.
17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls and will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with sighing—for that would be harmful to you.
 St. Paul writes that praise to God is firstly from the lips in stating that He is God. but secondly is sacrificing for others.
In other words, prayer is followed by good works. I have been in a position for a week where I have had to rely on charity. A good Christian brother has helped me make a transition, which is not complete. I am now moving into an empty place without any furniture, bedding and so on. I am grateful for the roof over my head, as some of you know, I did not expect to be here until May.
A good Christian woman is ordering me a duvet and pillows, which I hope do not take too long to arrive, as I shall continue sleeping on the floor not having any furniture et al.
I could be anyone who is reading this blog, as it is too easy to fall away from the middle class into dire poverty. Sacrifices are pleasing to God, and I shall offer up each lack of comfort for those who have fallen away from the Faith in my family and extended family. Sincerely, I hope some of my prayers reach the throne of God from my small abode. 
No hardships need to be wasted.
Pray I can get the things I need for daily life. This place is temporary, for a month and I am very grateful to have it. It is too bad I cannot afford to buy it, as the reason I am here is that the owner has not been able to sell it and has temporarily taken it off the market,... a little cell for a month...how wonderful. Not sure about wifi access after tomorrow.